25th March 2019
Date coding your product online may be favourable but it's not always the best way to ensure clear, accurate, reliable results. Here we explain why coding your sleeves offline may prove a better option.
- Accurate code positioning - if you are date coding sleeves or watchstrap bands positioning can be a real issue. Online coders may struggle to code awkwardly shaped sleeves or sleeves that have hard-to-reach print areas. With an offline system, the pack is presented to the coding device in flat form with the print area readily accessible. This allows for consistently accurate code positioning, increasing line efficiency and reducing waste that results from poorly printed packaging.
- Increased throughput - for companies who are currently date coding their sleeves by hand, an automatic offline coding system will reduce labour costs, free up skilled workers time and speed up production.
- A solution for promotional labelling - with the addition of a labeller, offline systems can carry out labelling andprinting all in one operation. This dual functionality is very useful when producing ‘meal deal’ packs or running promotions. Take a sandwich wedge pack: applying a code online is fairly straightforward, but applying a label at the same time is not so easy due to the awkward pack orientation.
- Use to code short runs and trial products - an offline coder is the ideal solution for trial products, it allows you to minimise capital outlay while ensuring new products are coded according to retailer and regulatory requirements, without impacting on other production.
- Extra capacity when you need it - Under pressure due to seasonal variations, getting more operators on the job might seem like the easiest way of increasing capacity during seasonal peaks. But in actual fact, purchasing an offline coder to cope with increased production and seasonal lines is usually more cost effective, owing to the speed, flexibility and accuracy benefits it brings.
Our RF Lite coder has been designed specifically for the date coding of sleeves. To find out more or to book a free demonstration, call us on +44 (0) 1707 393 700 or send an email to email@example.com