Selecting the correct cartridge for your thermal inkjet (TIJ) printer ensures high print quality and reliable operation
Thermal Inkjet (TIJ) printers produce a high resolution print using an easy-to-change, clean cartridge system that requires no maintenance. Ink formulation is key to a successful printed result and our cartridges are produced by one of the world's leading inkjet companies to exacting standards.
Two formulation types are available - water and alcohol based.
Key Features and Benefits
WATER BASED INKS
- Offer superb levels of print darkness and are the favoured option for the printing of datamatrix bar codes and fine text on porous surfaces - often the unvarnished end flap of a pharmaceutical carton.
- Fast drying and extended de-cap time (the time between prints without loss of print quality) are also key features of the water based in range.
ALCOHOL BASED INKS
- Allow TIJ to be used on non-porous surfaces such as blister foils and plastic extrusions.
- Excellent drying and de-cap performance.
All cartridges hold ink type and remaining ink data on board with the benefit that:
- The correct driver is loaded each time.
- An accurate warning can be given of low ink levels.
- A stop signal can be given once the cartridge is empty.